TCNJ’s Honors & Scholars Program has a limited budget available to support student travel for academic purposes, including travel to and from academic conferences or conventions.
Because Program funding for student travel is both limited and competitive, the Honors & Scholars Program will award no more than 50% of our annual student travel budget in the Fall semester.
Requests for funding will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Priority consideration for Honors & Scholars Program travel funding will be given to faculty requests for funding for student travel in conjunction with an HON course and to students traveling to an academic conference or convention who
- Demonstrate active participation in the Honors & Scholars Program at TCNJ, through the successful completion of Honors courses and/or participation in Program events and opportunities (e.g., service as a student representative on the Honors & Scholars Council or the Student Advisory Board, or at Lion’s Day recruitment events);
- Are scheduled to present an academic paper or poster session or have been invited to present an original creative work;
- Have not previously received travel funding from the Honors & Scholars Program.
- Faculty members teaching an HON course who are requesting travel funding for students in their HON course should submit the form available here: https://forms.gle/JuqeiH3ToD5CCYnk6
- Honors & Scholars students requesting funding for travel to an academic conference or convention should submit the form available here: https://forms.gle/Yq267sru6ySAMSwH6
Decision & Notification:
Requests for funding will be reviewed by the Director of the Honors & Scholars Program, in consultation with the Honors & Scholars Council.
The Honors & Scholars Program Director will notify applicants of the Program’s decision by email.
All student travel must comply with the terms and conditions of TCNJ’s official Student Travel Policy, available at https://policies.tcnj.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/247/2018/07/Student-Travel-3.pdf.